Do you also notice how people often say they know the difference between this and that, but they don’t really, really know? Then there is also a difference between knowing the difference and practising the difference.
Do you (a) know and (b) practise the difference, between:
- Visual Merchandising vs. Interior Decorating
- Profit vs. Cash Flow
- Margin vs. Mark-Up
- Talking vs. Communicating
- Listening vs. Waiting for someone to stop talking
- Customer Service vs. Customer Experience
- Human Resources vs. People
- Features vs. Benefits
- System vs. Process
- Training vs. Instruction
It may appear to be playing around with semantics, but as I wander through the corridors of retail business, I am astounded by the discrepancy between what people know and what they think they know. (Despite my vigilance, I am sure the same applies to me.)
I was wondering if you can add your favourite to the list above?