- Do not construct displays during high traffic times.
- Ensure that the displays will support the merchandise- weight, form, structure, type. Always merchandise the heavy products at the bottom of the shelves. Use good shelf talkers to inform customers about the stock on the bottom shelves.
- Test if the display units will be dangerous if pushed over or walked in by customers.
- If one product is removed by the customer is the display still stable?
- Monitor for sharp edges, rails, screws and shelving.
- Monitor for broken glass, shelf splinters.
- Check all your display every morning before trading.
- Consider kids and elderly especially.