Every word we use in a sales situation is loaded with meaning. As professional sales people we don’t always think though the meaning of the words we use.
Some examples* of language that salespeople could use are:
* Expensive — Top of the line
* Cheaper — More economical
* Contract — Agreement/paperwork
* Sign here — OK the paperwork
* Commission — Fee for my services
* Cost — Investment
* Credit card — Form of payment
* Problem — Challenge
* Objections — Areas of concern
* Service charge — Processing fee
Can you think of other examples? What do you use?
*I got these examples somewhere but did not note the source at the time – apologies for that.