1. Be Something. Everything = Nothing.
2. Be different. If you aren’t different to your competition, you are dead.
3. Be prepared to pay to acquire and to keep customers.
4. Honour thy customer. Customers owe you nothing. Their patronage is a privilege to earn.
5. Retail is not an ‘over the counter’ business only – not any longer.
6. There are many different (groups of) customers – deal with them differently. One size does not fit all.
7. Sell only that which is in demand or where a demand can be created.