Image via Wikipedia
This is the full list of sales promotions that I can think of. The list is old; and the success of the promotion lies in:
- The quality of the idea.
- The execution of the promotional mechanics.
- The timing.
- The relevance to the target market.
I thought it is a good idea to run through the list and see if there is anything you haven’t thought of. Remember that just because we are tired of a promotion, doesn’t mean that the customer is.
- Value adds (like free delivery, free blow dry)
- Taste Tests
- Premium Items
- Money Refunds/Rebates/ Cash backs
- Loyalty Programs (Points to redeem on incentives)
- Joint promotions (with buddy retailer/ alliance partner)
- Gift Vouchers
- Free samples
- Free gifts
- Finance deals
- Discounted prices (Cents-off Offer)
- Demonstrations (non-food ‘taste tests’)
- Consumer Contests and Sweepstakes
- Celebrity endorsement (signatures)
- Cause-related and fair-trade connections
- Buy-One-Get-One-Free (BOGOF)
Anyone add anything?