- Use a simple layout and avoid clutter.
- Don’t print words across a photograph or illustration.
- Never let your art work overwhelm the wording.
- Make sure your ad has one large, dark element.
- Make sure your headline is bold.
- Get the main point of your message into your headline.
- Don’t skimp on facts. If you make a claim, prove it.
- Get to the point fast. Don’t waste words.
- Tell people what they’ll lose if they don’t buy.
- Tell your customer exactly what you want him to do. (Like call.)
- Invite telephone calls. Make sure your telephone number is easy to find and easy to read.
- Write the way you talk.
(Adapted from here.)